With the PAN and Bank account linking to Aadhaar card by now, every one of you must have an Aadhaar card or have applied for the same. Are you waiting to receive your Aadhaar card or looking forward to checking the status of your Aadhaar? You may receive the Aadhaar card within maximum 90 days of applying for it.
Well, don’t worry as you are at the right place where you can easily check your Aadhaar card status by following some simple steps listed below.
In a situation where you do not have a computer or your internet connection is down, you still can track your Aadhaar card status by using your mobile phone. Unique Identification Authority of India gives the advantage of using the mobile phone to track the status of Aadhaar card
One can Simply Check the Status via:
- Text Message Method: If you wish to know the current status of your Aadhaar card all you need to do is send an SMS to a number. You will receive the reply from the automated services and it will update you on the status of your Aadhaar card. This is a free service by UIDAI but prior to sending the SMS to confirm from your service provider if they will charge you anything for sending the message.
- Phone call method using Helpline Number: The Aadhaar card status can be checked over the phone call to a toll-free helpline number. Keep your enrollment ID ready as the representative will match it in the database and only then will he let you know the status.
The SMS should be sent from the registered mobile number only. This is the same number that you gave at the time of Aadhaar enrollment. Also, keep your Enrollment ID ready for you. If your Aadhaar card has been generated you will receive your Aadhaar number as the reply to your SMS and in case it is not generated you will get the current status of Aadhaar card.
Checking Aadhar Card Status via Phone Call Method:
- The traditional phone call method is the most convenient and can be used by any person who wants to check his status by calling the helpline number i.e. 1800-300-1947.
- After calling the representative of the aadhar agency will come to your aid and ask for your enrollment id.
- Make sure to keep the enrollment id with you before calling.
- The representative will confirm whether the id is correct or not by matching it with the records.
- The information regarding the status of aadhar will be conveyed to you on call once the enrollment id gets matched in the database.
- In case the aadhar has already been dispatched then make sure to ask for the tracking number of the courier agency.
Also Check out: How to Download Eaadhar?
Check out this tutorial on how to check aadhar card status by using mobile.
Checking Status via Text Message Method:
- With the advancement of technology the method of checking status has become quite convenient as one only has to open the text application app on the phone first.
- Once the app is opened type UID STATUS<14 digits enrollment id>
- Make sure to type the id in the same format as shown above.
- After typing send the message to 51969 and your job is done. the status of your aadhar will be received via text message.
- Don’t panic as the message takes few minutes to deliver.
How to Find your Enrollment Number for Aadhar Card? (Bonus)
- the first step is to visit the official website of UIDAI. in case you are having trouble finding the official website then click on the Link i.e. https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
- After clicking a dialogue box will appear as shown above.
- Fill up the necessary details mandatory in the form and select enrollment id option
- Once all this is done enter the security code correctly and’ click on send OTP’ option.
- The OTPwill be sent to your registered phone number.
- Enter the OTP in the desired box and click on” verify OTP” option
Now you are all set to go and you will receive your enrollment id soon on your mobile number.