Aadhaar card is a necessity as per the government rules, for the purpose of identification and demographic details. We now associate all our important documents and information into one medium to enable the single identification system. We are required to carry the card at all times and to make this easier the UIDIA (Unique Identification Authority of India) has created the app mAadhaar.
What is mAadhaar?
mAadhaar is short for mobile Aadhaar. This app is designed so that we would not have to carry our original cards to all places we go to. We can avail the security and identification of the eaadhar card on our smartphones. To avail any kind of proof we can use this app and provide information like name, date of birth, address, photo and any such associated information.
Let us look into the key features of the game. They are listed below:
- It is not at all required for you to carry your card around with this app
- You can update or change your profile from the app and also verify it easily
- Available for phones with Android version 5.0 and above
- The requirement of password for all transaction made through the app. Use your registered mobile number to log in to the app
- The app only works on devices with the registered mobile number sim inserted into the device, this prevents misappropriation
- The app auto-reads the OTP( one-time password) or TOTP( time-based one-time password) and manual entry is barred hence providing secure and efficient method of logging in
- Lock and unlock your biometric data, in this way you can block and unblock all the transactions that require you to use the Aadhaar card and enable total control to the usage of your card
- The login can be used at one device at a time hence giving total privacy and prevention from misuse
- The app allows up to three Aadhaar profiles in a single device.
- The app is enabled to use the eKYC by sharing your QR code
How to Download Maadhar App?
This app as of now is available for Android and iPhones. The download procedure is given below:
- Open Play Store or App Store and search for the mAadhaar app.
- The developer must be UIDAI and no one else, for your own safety.
- Install the app on your mobile.
- Make sure that the sim card of your registered number is inserted into the device you download the app into.
- After installation, open the app and insert your Aadhaar number or scan the QR code from your original Aadhaar card.
- You will receive an SMS regarding your OTP which will be automatically read as manual entering is barred.
- You can open and are free to conduct transactions and use it as proof of identity in railways and other places of the like.
The app is very safe and secures for all Indian citizens as per government directives and it enables us to use our Aadhaar number to the fullest. It aids in better and efficient identity recognition.
Check out this video on maadhar: